Saturday, July 20, 2013

Something sweet

Hello again!

I hope you got a chance to try the Crockpot Orange Chicken! I plan on having some leftovers today :)

Today I want to share with you a really simple Cinnamon Crescent Roll recipe that I found on Pinterest. My husband liked them so much that he asked me to make them again the next day(Yay!)!

Crescent Cinnamon Rolls
(originally from The Hungry Housewife)

What you will need:
Baking Sheet
Aluminum Foil (to cover the baking sheet so the rolls don't get stuck to the baking sheet)
Small Mixing Bowl
Spoon to mix

Ingredients:

1 Tube of Pillsbury Crescent Rolls (8 count) (I used the Reduced Fat one day and the Grands! Buttery Crescents and they were equally delicious so just pick out whichever one works for you)
5T Butter, softened
1/4C White Sugar
2 1/2 t Ground Cinnamon

Glaze (I didn't put the glaze on mine, they were pretty sweet on their own! But here it is if you would like to try it for yourself):
2T Butter, melted
1/4C + 2T Powdered Sugar
1/2 t Vanilla Extract
Ziploc bag

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 375F.
2. Cut a piece of aluminum foil so that it covers the cooking side of the baking sheet. (This is simply to make your clean up easier!)
3. Mix the softened butter, white sugar, and ground cinnamon in the small mixing bowl.
4. Open the crescents and roll them out onto the baking sheet. (I did about four at a time.)
5. Spread the mixture onto the open crescents until they are all covered. (Try not to lick the mixture as tempting as it is.)
6. Roll the crescents into the crescent shape with the mixture on the inside. (Does that make sense? If not let me know...)
7. Bake for 10-12 minutes. (I split the difference and went with 11 minutes.)

For the glaze:

1. In a small bowl, mix the melted butter, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract until smooth.
2. Pour into a ziploc bag.
3. When crescents are out of the oven, snip off a corned of the bag and drizzle onto Crescent Cinnamon Rolls.

Some notes:

The cinnamon mixture will leak out of the crescents. (This is where the aluminum foil is handy!)   
As I said before, I didn't use the glaze on my Crescent Cinnamon Rolls, I had leftover cinnamon mix so I just added an extra dollop of that on top of warm rolls. So yummy!

My sister's boyfriend, who attended culinary school, took one bite and said, "Hallie did good." YAY!

I would post a picture of the finished product but they disappeared before I got a chance to. Maybe next time? 

I served these as a dessert, but they would be a very sweet breakfast side! Maybe for a holiday...warning these are addictive! 
  
Enjoy!


Hallie :) 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment