Monday, July 22, 2013

It's a Prince!

The world is abuzz today with the news of Duchess Kate and Prince William's newborn son. I, for one, could not be more excited for them. They seem like a lovely couple and what I wouldn't give for her wardrobe! Stay classy Kate!

In honor of their family I have decided to release exclusive pictures of Kate and her sister Pippa growing up...

                                                               Wait, what?!

I should probably mention that it is not the Duchess Kate and her sister Pippa but rather my German Shepherds. Aren't they cute? This is after playing in the snow the first winter after we brought them home. They are now over a year and a half and have been a handful! We weren't even looking at getting a pup, we went with my mother-in-law (one of my partners in crime!) to get a pup for her and we came home with one too.... 

So that's how we got Kate! If you ask my sister she'll tell you that the pup was named after her (one of her nicknames is Sara Kate) but the truth is that we liked the name Kate! When my mother-in-law heard what we had decided to name our pup she decided to name her pup, Pippa. So that's how that got started. We sure got a lot of compliments when we took them to the vet and everyone remembers the "Princesses". Unfortunately, due to unforeseen medical issues, my mother-in-law wasn't able to keep Miss Pippa. I couldn't bare to see the sisters separated so my husband and I gladly took Pippa into our home. 

As you may recall, my husband and I have a third dog. He is actually the first dog we adopted :) he sure has a special spot in my heart. 

                                                                 Max, the commoner.

Max is our 5ish-year-old Lab. He was a rescue so we don't know his exact age but he is the biggest sweetheart you will ever meet. He gives my husband hope that one day the girls will straighten out when they are being naughty. (Thankfully that isn't happening as often!)

Now you have met my furbabies! Tell me about yours!

Today's recipe in honor of the new little Prince is sweet and practical, just the way we hope he will be!


Pumpkin Muffins
 (Originally pinned from Sweet Verbena who got it from Big Red Kitchen...although some pinners are saying that it is a Weight Watchers recipe, in any case they are YUMMY!)


What you will need:
2 Muffin Pans
Mixing Bowl
Kitchen Aid OR An Electric Hand Mixer
Rubber Spatula 
Cupcake Liners

Ingredients:
1 Box of Spice Cake Mix (I used Dunkin Hines)
1 Can of Libby's 100% Pumpkin (I used the 29oz but I believe the picture of the original pin had a 15oz. can. All I can say is my muffins were deliciously moist with the 29oz.)

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Mix the pumpkin and cake mix. There should be no clumps of cake mix visable. (I made the mistake of trying to do this by hand once and it came out lumpy and not at all moist as the ones that had been properly mixed.)
3. Try not to lick the batter. (Trust me it is incredibly tempting and tasty...and not made with raw eggs...)
4. Put cupcake liners into the muffin pan.
5. Use the rubber spatula and evenly distribute the batter into the muffin pan, about 2/3 full in each spot.
6. Bake for 20-25 minutes. (The intoxicating smell of spice and pumpkin will fill your house and make everyone crowd around to get one fresh out of the oven...you've been warned!)
7. Let the muffins cool for 5-10 minutes before serving. (They go great with vanilla ice cream! Or Greek yogurt!)     

On some of the websites that I listed above there are some variations on this recipe using different cake mixes, so you can really change the flavor. Try it out!

Have a good day!


Hallie

P.S. The girls now...

 

No comments:

Post a Comment