Friday, July 19, 2013

Hello!

Hi there!

My name is Hallie (like Halle Berry).

I am a newlywed, stay at home wife, and proud mom to three furbabies.

 I am a Pinterest Addict and this is what has led me to start this blog!

I have never really considered myself to be a creative person and have always struggled to piece things together (like a cute outfit) or styling a room. My younger sister, Sara, always managed to come out looking like a super model while I looked like I barely managed to brush my hair after rolling out of bed (partly true). I just recently learned how to french braid my hair (and then promptly cut my hair to shoulder length). I never learned how to sew (but I can crochet....ok not really.) and my cooking is fairly limited. I want to change all of that and I have been inspired by the people around me and by (of course!) Pinterest!

So lately I have been a pinning fool, mostly pinning things for my food board, and putting them into action! I plan on trying all sorts of Pinteresting things in the future and cooking is an easy way to start it off. My husband, Jason, has been pretty happy with the foods I have been whipping up and I am happy that he finally got the Kitchen Aid Mixer down from the attic that my parents left behind when they moved out of state (...over three years ago!). I hope to use this blog to keep track of my progress and hopefully inspire other people who are struggling to find their creative edge.

Okay, so here is the first recipe that I have tried:

Crockpot Orange Chicken  
(originally from TheFrugalGirls.com)
What you will need:
Crockpot 
Small Mixing Bowl
Spoon to mix
Reynolds Slow Cooker Liners, 4 ct (Pack of 2) (for this recipe you will use both...but I should note that these are a luxury...a necessary luxury in my opinion, especially if you hate doing dishes as much as I do!)

Ingredients:

4-5 Thawed Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts (I used the ones from Costco that come in the two piece ready to freeze packs, the exact name escapes me but I will add it as soon as I remember!)
3/4 C Orange Marmalade (I used the one they had pictured, Smucker's Sweet Orange Marmalade)
3/4 C BBQ Sauce (again I used the one they suggested, Sweet Baby Ray's which is delicious just on its own)
2T Soy Sauce (I used Kikkoman Less Sodium Soy Sauce)

Directions:

1. Place liner in crockpot.
2.  Place thawed chicken breasts in the crockpot and place the lid on.
3. Cook the chicken on high for three hours.
4. At the two hour and fifty minute mark, mix the marmalade, BBQ sauce, and soy sauce in a small bowl.
5. Drain the juice from the chicken. (this is where it is handy to have the second liner handy! Just swap out liners and replace the chicken. BAM! Done.)
6. Pour the mixture over the chicken. (Pour evenly for even yummy-ness!) 
7. Replace the lid onto the crockpot and cook on high for an additional 30 minutes.
8. Serve! (I suggest with some rice and veggies :))
Total Time: 3 hours and 35 minutes

My husband liked it and right away suggested that I make it again with fried rice. As for myself, I like it with steamed rice and Sriracha sauce.


















 Mmmm!


Clean up was easy with the crockpot liners and that makes me a happy wife!

-Hallie


P.S. Try it out and let me know how it worked for you!








No comments:

Post a Comment